Defense Attorneys With Federal Experience
At RaquinMercer LLC, we handle federal cases in Maryland for the Northern and Southern Division – in Baltimore and Greenbelt – and the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit. Attorney Steve Mercer also represents clients in the federal District Court in the District of Columbia. Attorneys Isabelle Raquin and Steve Mercer can provide you with the knowledgeable advice and skilled representation you need. Our team has a passion for federal defense work, and we do everything we can to protect the rights of the accused.
Our federal experience extends to a wide range of cases, including:
- Child pornography
- Violent Crimes in Aid of Racketeering Act (VICAR)
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO)
- Drug possession, distribution or importation
- Trafficking of guns and firearms
Federal Sentencing Guidelines
To determine your sentence, the judge will use federal sentencing guidelines. The guidelines can be complex, and the potential mandatory minimum sentences are very severe. Our firm knows how to work the guidelines and sentencing factors in order to mitigate the range of calculated points and give you the best possible outcome.
Protecting Your Rights At Every Stage Of The Process
Our firm assists clients throughout the criminal justice process, including if you have been contacted by the police as a suspect, target, person of interest, or as a witness, if you received a summons, or if you have been subpoenaed to testify at trial or before a grand jury. You should retain a lawyer to advise you of your rights. Our attorneys will:
- Make sure you don’t incriminate yourself
- Prepare you for the charges to come
- Start investigating the case early and collect evidence
- Negotiate the conditions of your release if an arrest is made
- Protect you from harassment by the police, Child Protection Services, the state or government, or the media
If you have been charged or have reason to believe you are under investigation, it is important to consult with an attorney as soon as possible. Contact us now for a consultation.